Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have a supervisor at the lemonade stand, Maria, and she is not good at her job. I don't think she actually understands what she's supposed to be doing. I'm not sure if she's lazy, or dumb, or perhaps both. I think it's both. She spends most of her day chatting with co-workers about nonsense, and then complains about how much work she has to do and how little time to do it. Maria fails to understand that whining is eating up most of her work day.

And I've never really see her do any work. I've really only seen her pass the buck or "delegate" work to others. Maria doesn't seem to realize that if you delegate work to someone it's still someone else's words and ideas. It is fun to fuck something up and let her pretend it's hers and simply enjoy the fall out. One needs to have a little fun at work. And I figure someone who's a total douchebag about intellectual property kind of deserves it.

Boss loves her and thinks she should be in upper management. I think so, too. Anything to get her the hell away from me would be prefered. I also think she'd get fired rather quickly because the inability to think would probably become more obvious. Also, if she didn't have a group of people to explain the basic workings of a lemonade stand, she'd be seriously screwed. If a customer asks a simple question it will often baffle her.

Boss told me a story once about a place he used to work and how it received a serious threat to public safety. Boss conferred with the police department who explained that 90% of the time it's not real. Boss did not evacuate the building and nothing bad happened. He uses this story to illustrate that people have time to make decisions, and they don't have to jump to conclusions. Maria likes to use this story as a reason not to respond to pertinent issues brought to her attention in person, or through email. She says she wants to think about it, but she never really gets back to you about it. I imagine circus music playing in her head because whatever her brain is filled with it's not work related.

Me, I'd have evacuated the building. I tend to ere on the side of people being alive and it's a risky little game he played that could have had dire consequences. I also think do what's at hand now rather than putting it off in the hope that it will turn out to be nothing.

Bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment